[BoulderCouncilHotline] Hybrid Council Meeting Check-in 8/4 Regular Meeting

Davis, Pamela DavisP at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Aug 1 13:12:07 MDT 2022

Good afternoon Council Members and HOTLINE followers,

This is a brief update that we intend to add a 15-minute update and discussion to the August 4 regular meeting agenda under Matters from the City Manager regarding COVID-19 and hybrid council meetings.

As of  last Thursday, the CDC has placed Boulder County in the yellow, or medium risk category, based on our seven-day cumulative case rate dropping just below 200 per 100,000 people. Boulder County Public Health's Friday update from July 29 is attached. We are watching closely to see if this condition is maintained for a full week and will have the next update just prior to the August 4 meeting. If we remain in yellow, council has indicated a desire to set a date for implementing hybrid regular meetings, allowing for in person participation by council and staff, and ultimately members of the public. The discussion on the 4th will be an opportunity to solidify that direction as city council sees fit.

As a reminder, the city organization will be fully implementing our hybrid work approach for all employees beginning August 22 without any further disruptions based on COVID-19 unless directed by county or state public health entities.

Sincerely,

Pam Davis
Assistant City Manager
(pronouns: She/Her/Hers)