[BoulderCouncilHotline] Day shelter

Friend, Rachel FriendR at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Aug 10 05:45:43 MDT 2022

Hello Hotline,

I was delighted to learn recently that staff is progressing at a nice clip on the council retreat item for establishing day services / shelter here in Boulder. My understanding is that staff will be commencing engagement among stakeholders later this month.

At the retreat, I had advocated for 1-2 Council members to participate in the stakeholder engagement sessions. Toward that end, and because the engagement dates are coming right up, I would like for us to discuss this (and hopefully designate any council participants) at our meeting this week.

I apologize for this request coming up a bit last minute. I wasn’t aware these sessions  were calendared already, so am getting this request out in response to learning about the fast-approaching engagement dates.

Rachel Friend (she)
City of Boulder
Mayor Pro Tem

(720) 601-0163

Office Hours:

https://calendly.com/bouldercitycouncil/officehours<https://calendly.com/bouldercitycouncil/officehours?month=2022-04>

“Where you see wrong or inequality or injustice, speak out, because this is your country.  This is your democracy. Make it. Protect it. Pass it on.” ~Thurgood Marshall