[BoulderCouncilHotline] High Wind Warning and Emergency Shelter

Benjamin, Matt BenjaminM at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Dec 14 15:34:53 MST 2021

Dear Community Members, Council and Staff,

I would like to get an update on plans to open emergency and/or critical weather shelters starting tonight and going though tomorrow. As many know we have a High Wind Warning (See link below). Forecasted winds may top 100mph. The threat of these winds constiture a life safety hazard for anyone outside and especially our unhoused residents.

https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=COZ039&warncounty=COC013&firewxzone=COZ239&local_place1=Boulder%20CO&product1=High+Wind+Warning&lat=40.0269&lon=-105.251#.YbkYwi-B2Lc

I asked questions along the lines of High Wind Warnings triggering our critical weanter shelter at our Council meeting on Nevmeber 16th. I have yet to hear a responce to that inquiry, so I’d like this to be addressed now that we are going to be dealing with a very dangerous weather event in less than 24 hours.

Batten down the hatches and stay safe everyone.

With gratutide,

Matt

Matt Benjamin
Pronouns: he/him/his