[BoulderCouncilHotline] Thoughts for organizing tonight

Weaver, Sam WeaverS at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Mar 16 16:15:49 MDT 2020

Bob and fellow Council Members,

I am sorry that I will not be at the meeting tonight (I have a cold and do not want to show up with any illness), though I will call in.  Bob will do a great job leading the meeting.  Here are some thoughts on organizing our discussions, and I am looking forward to continuing to help our community respond to this unprecedented and disruptive situation.

  1.  Emergency ordinance passage
  2.  Briefings
     *   Jeff Zayach - Boulder County Public Health
     *   Boulder Community Hospital
     *   Homeless issues - Kurt
     *   CU - Sam
     *   City of Boulder
  3.  Closures
     *   Restaurants/bars (delivery/curbside ?)
     *   Liquor stores (delivery/curbside ?)
     *   MJ retail (delivery/curbside ?)
     *   General retail (delivery/curbside ?)
     *   Parties
     *   Theaters
     *   Gyms
     *   Private schools
     *   Workshops/instruction facilities
     *   Any remaining live theaters that are open
     *   Private events/festivals
     *   Resource/CHARM (public/large commercial operators)
  4.  Abatements/limitations
     *   Groceries (delivery/curbside ?)
     *   Pharmacies (delivery/curbside ?)
     *   Shelters
     *   Clinics
     *   Streets/paths
     *   Day cares
     *   Hotels
     *   Offices/NOCs/manufacturing
     *   Transit
     *   TNC's
     *   Emergency services
  5.  City resources
     *   COVID-19 daily updates
     *   Website

                  i.      Resident health resources

                 ii.      Resident financial support resources

               iii.      Eviction abatements

               iv.      Tax abatements

           *   Property tax
           *   Sales tax

                 v.      Business resources

           *   Knowledge business/workers
           *   Retail business/workers
           *   Food service business/workers
           *   Manufacturing business/workers
           *   Service industry business/workers
           *   Other business/workers
           *   Importance of documenting all expenses
           *   Disaster funding relief resources
     *   Elder care food delivery support
  1.  Future meetings
     *   Council meet every week going forward?
     *   Call with BVSD/CU/County every week?
     *   CU-Boulder update every week?
     *   Call with BCH every week?
  2.  Work plan adjustments moving forward

All the best,

Sam Weaver

[cid:image003.png at 01D5FBAD.DF434760]<http://www.bouldercolorado.gov/>

weavers at bouldercolorado.gov