[BoulderCouncilHotline] Homeless Populations Are Surging in Los Angeles. Here’s Why.

Carlisle, Cynthia CarlisleC at bouldercolorado.gov
Sun Sep 15 15:59:28 MDT 2019

Subject: nytimes.com Homeless Populations Are Surging in Los Angeles. Here’s Why.

Councilmembers and other interested readers,

The numbers in this article are staggering; so is the analysis behind the numbers.
“An Angeleno would need to earn $47.52 an hour just to afford the median monthly rent, according to L.A.H.S.A. figures.”
As I read through the consent agenda item 3.G for the September 17 meeting and see the numbers for market rate housing as opposed to permanently affordable, I can’t help but think it’s too bad the council doesn’t have the same kind of analysis that L.A. has and the time to study these issues in depth.
Cindy

Homeless Populations Are Surging in Los Angeles. Here’s Why.

Wednesday: It all comes back to housing. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/05/us/los-angeles-homeless-population.html<https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/9yNbC1w3k7ipXBkvSGktOe?domain=nytimes.com>