[BoulderCouncilHotline] Fw: Community Choice Energy

Brockett, Aaron BrockettA at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Nov 18 20:46:25 MST 2019

Good evening council members, staff, and hotline followers. At our meeting on Tuesday night we will be considering our legislative agenda for 2020. I wanted to pass along an email I received from State Representative Edie Hooton on Sunday regarding a bill she is planning on introducing to study the possibility of enabling communities to pick the providers of their electricity supply. I would like us to consider her request for council's support at our meeting on the 19th. The bill ties in neatly with item 6a in our agenda that supports open, competitive retail energy markets in Colorado. I encourage you to read the supporting materials she provided, including the link to frequently asked questions about the bill.

Best,

Aaron Brockett

Council Member, City of Boulder

brocketta at bouldercolorado.gov