[BoulderCouncilHotline] Thought for a resolution

Weaver, Sam WeaverS at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Nov 7 21:16:44 MST 2018

Fellow Council Members,

Sorry to throw a new idea in at the last moment for our Nov 8 meeting, but given the firing of the US Attorney General today, and his replacement with a man who has expressed doubts about the special prosecutor investigation, perhaps we should do a resolution directed to all current CO sitting reps (perhaps a letter to follow to all members of Congress) that the Mueller investigation be protected, especially until the new Congress is seated.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/07/us/politics/sessions-resigns.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/07/opinion/sessions-resignation-mueller.html

I'd like to use our public body deliberations to consider something on this issue.  I propose that staff generate an option for us to consider under Council Matters.

I have copied this email to HOTLINE for public notice.  Please do not respond to this email to avoid a serial meeting, and I will reach out to staff tomorrow morning to get their input.

Thanks,

Sam Weaver
Member of Boulder City Council
weavers at bouldercolorado.gov<mailto:weavers at bouldercolorado.gov>