[BoulderCouncilHotline] Fort Chambers/Poor Farm Property

Carlisle, Cynthia CarlisleC at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Apr 16 14:03:04 MDT 2018

Colleagues,
Just a heads up that after visiting the Fort Chambers/Poor Farm property on Sunday and walking throughout the Queen Anne house, I'm concerned about OSMP acquiring the house and taking on the fiscal responsibilities of its  operation and maintenance.  I re-checked the OSMP charter and nowhere is there mention of acquisition, rehabilitation, and maintenance of historic structures.
I think current demands on OSMP dollars in this time of diminishing budget call for re-examination of this proposal.  I'm in favor of the land and water acquisitions, and some of the properties associated with agricultural uses, but think the proposal needs to go back to the OSMP Board of Trustees for a re-examination of purpose and what the initial costs for rehabilitation and ongoing operation and maintenance may be for the Queen Anne house.
I'm prepared to speak more about this on Tuesday.
Cindy