[BoulderCouncilHotline] Heads-up on proposed motion for Hogan Pancost

Young, Mary YoungM at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Oct 9 15:34:49 MDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

I was in attendance at the Council Agenda Committee meeting this morning, but not as a member of the committee.

The first part of tomorrow night's meeting consists of staff, applicant and neighborhood presentations followed by council questions. The nature of the issue makes it difficult to accurately estimate when the public hearing will begin. Coupled with arcane public hearing rules that govern annexation hearings (a continuation can only occur after at least one hour of hearing) creates an inability to parse out the issue into discrete and separate meeting for presentations, hearing and deliberations.

I have consulted with the City Attorney's office and we have the option to suspend the rules, open the public hearing, listen to one hour of testimony then continue the public hearing to a later date, in this case October 17. I believe such a procedure would be more respectful of the public.

I plan on making such a motion at the beginning of the meeting tomorrow evening.

Thank you.

Mary Dolores Young

"All ethics . . . rest upon a single premise: that the individual is a member of a community of interdependent parts . . ." - Aldo Leopold