[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: CU South

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Jun 5 12:32:39 MDT 2017

Sender: Yates, Bob

Council Colleagues:

I understand from the City Manager that, this morning, the Council Agenda Committee decided to remove the discussion of CU South from tomorrow night's agenda. Please be advised that I do not support this last-minute change and that I will vote against a such an agenda amendment at the beginning of our meeting tomorrow evening, for the following reasons:

First, we previously advised the community that we would be discussing CU South tomorrow evening. To pull the item on barely 24 hours' notice is inappropriate, particularly for a matter of such great community interest.

Second, if we don't discuss CU South tomorrow evening, I don't know when we will find time to do so. The disposition of CU South is a crucial part of the Comprehensive Plan, which Council is scheduled to approve on June 13.  If we don't discuss CU South tomorrow evening, we will either need to delay, by at least a month, approval of the Comp Plan; or we will need to remove CU South from the Comp Plan altogether, likely delaying the work on flood mitigation protection for residents living downstream. Neither is acceptable.

At tomorrow evening's meeting, I will urge you to take up the discussion of CU South, as we promised the community.

Best regards,

Bob