[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Additional comment about RMG as it moves north of Boulder

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed May 25 09:03:12 MDT 2016

Sender: Morzel, Lisa

Council

One additional comment about RMG as it moves north of Boulder that council should be aware of is that right now as a conceptual plan, the RMG going north of boulder to Lyons has 2 options.
1.  It travels from nw boulder somehow to the Joder property and continues to Heil Ranch.  While this may be a fine trail, probably this option would serve <5% of the family friendly constituents for whom the RMG is intended.
2. The second option is from NE Boulder and goes to Longmont along the LoBo trail and then goes from Longmont to Lyons along the LyLo trail.

Neither of these options serves the mass majority of our constituents in the city of Boulder, thus the request to consider an alignment to Lyons from north Boulder along the east side of US 36 for the RMG as part of our consideration of the ntsa.

Lisa

Lisa Morzel
Member, Boulder City Council

303-938-8520 h
303-815-6723 c

"We interact with one another as individuals responding to a complex haze of factors: professional responsibilities, personal likes and dislikes, ambition, jealousy, self-interest, and, in at least some instances, genuine altruism.  Living in the here and now, we are awash with sensations of the present, memories of the past, and expectations and fears for the future. Our actions are not determined by any one cause; they are the fulfillment of who we are at that particular moment.  After that moment passes, we continue to evolve, to change, and our memories of that moment inevitably change with us as we live with the consequences of our past actions, consequences we were unaware of at the time." The Last Stand, Nathaniel Philbrick