[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Fwd: Jared's Rocky Flats amendment to Water and Energy Appropriations bill

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed May 25 17:15:23 MDT 2016

Sender: Morzel, Lisa

Dear Council,

Please see below the message from Stuart Feinhor, legislative aid to Rep. Jared Polis.

I thank Representative Polis and his staff for listening to the many concerns from the community regarding the risks (real or perceived) associated with the imminent formal public opening of the Rocky Flats National Wildlife Refuge.  While the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment has declared Rocky Flats NWR safe for all uses, it is important that additional sampling of soil and air occur on the refuge as well as the DOE-retained site of Rocky Flats where the industrial activities in producing Pu triggers for nuclear warheads took place.

"Politics is what we create by what we do, what we hope for, and what we dare to imagine."  Paul Wellstone 1944-2002

Begin forwarded message: