[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Regarding tomorrow's Board & Commission appointment process

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Mar 15 08:14:34 MDT 2016

Sender: Jones, Suzanne

Dear Colleagues:

In order to avoid needing to do subsequent Boards & Commission appointments in the next couple months, please see the following suggestions for tomorrow night’s decision-making process on Boards & Commission members:

1)      Regarding Library Commission:  Paul Sutter informed us that he is leaving the commission in June in order to take an out-of-town fellowship (he has one year left on his term).  So tomorrow we can choose 2 new Library Commission members: one for a full term, and one to finish out Paul’s one-year term starting in June.

2)      If we decide to appoint a candidate that is currently sitting on one of our Boards to a new position on another board, then I will suggest that we circle back and fill their now-vacant seat tomorrow evening at the end of our decision-making process. (We have at least one candidate in that position, possibly more.)

3)      Also, please note regarding Boulder Junction Boards: We never came to agreement about whether to have the same folks serve on both boards, however, there is a specific code section that specifically allows a person to serve on both boards.   Sections 2-3-21(h) and 2-3-22(h) both provide as follows: “At any time during the life of the BJAGID - Parking and BJAGID - TDM, all or any of the commissioners may serve on both district commissions concurrently or sequentially.”

Cheers,
Zan