[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Cliff Effect at proposed wage levels

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Feb 16 07:33:01 MST 2016

Sender: Young, Mary

Hi Karen,

It seems that at the moment we have three wage level proposals: 14.02, 15.67 and 17.97.

Is there any potential for a cliff effect for any of the family types (as outlined in CCLP's self-sufficiency standard, SSS) with the $15.67 amount? We know that for a single person the self-sufficiency wage is $13.36 so this family type would not see that potential. From looking at the chart on pg. 23 of the SSS, there is a cliff effect at between 12 and 13 dollars, but the chart is for one adult/preschooler/school age family in Denver County.

Link to SSS: http://cclponline.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/SSS-FINAL.pdf

It would be helpful to understand the inflection points in Boulder County for various family types.

Thank you.

Mary Dolores Young
Mayor Pro Tem

"All ethics . . . rest upon a single premise: that the individual is a member of a community of interdependent parts . . ." - Aldo Leopold