[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Two more questions for staff regarding issues of homelessness in Bouder

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Feb 16 07:32:41 MST 2016

Sender: Weaver, Sam

Fellow Council Members and Hotline followers,

I have been asked by two Council members to add two sets of questions to the ones we previously requested information on.  The two questions are below:

1)      What is the current direction of the Boulder Police Department to its officers regarding the circumstances that warrant issuance of a citation for violation of the camping ban ordinance?  How tightly is this direction followed, and what latitude is given to individual officers in making a determination to issue a citation? (From Bob Yates)

2)      How many unhoused are living in Boulder at any given time?  What is the seasonal variation of that number?  How many total shelter beds are available in Boulder?  What is the seasonal variation of that number? (From Suzanne Jones)

I do not expect that gathering this information will add much to the 'nod of five' (actually all eight present agreed) request that we made two weeks ago, but if it does, I would request that staff bring back an estimate of additional effort so Council can review.

All the best,

Sam Weaver
Member of Boulder City Council
weavers at bouldercolorado.gov<mailto:weavers at bouldercolorado.gov>