[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Marijuana advisory panel recommendation

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Aug 23 11:22:47 MDT 2016

Sender: Morzel, Lisa

Dear Colleagues

I will not be present tonight at our study session where we will review and discuss the marijuana advisory panel's recommendations. I have read the report and think this panel of diverse interests came together in a responsible and consensual manner.

If I were there tonight, I would totally support the panel's recommendations without any modification. That includes expansion of hours, packaging, educational efforts, and annual reviews on emerging issues. Please do not tweak with the panel's recommendations at all.

At some point, I had thought the city should be more parallel in its regulations with the state but since then have become convinced the city's regulations are better than the state's, especially from a safety perspective.

Best wishes and good luck in your discussions tonight,

Lisa

Lisa Morzel
Boulder City Council Member

303-815-6723 c