[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Clarification on annexation discussion

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Aug 17 10:00:50 MDT 2016

Sender: Morzel, Lisa

Council

Last night, council discussed item 3J on the consent agenda.

For clarification regarding my comments regarding annexation of 55th and Arapahoe, my hesitation arose from potential negative impacts to the marijuana businesses and my desire to have differences better resolved.

I want to make it clear regarding my general attitude on annexation: if it looks urban, functions as urban, is surrounded by urban, it should be urban and thus annexed into the city. If it truly is undeveloped, I'm generally not interested in annexation unless it is Open Space and Mountain Parks.

Lisa

Lisa Morzel
Boulder City Council Member

303-815-6723 c