[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Climate change milestones

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Apr 11 07:34:36 MDT 2016

Sender: Weaver, Sam

Fellow Council members and HOTLINE followers,

I wanted to share this article with you concerning the accelerating rate of coral bleaching occurring in our oceans.  This effect has been predicted for many years, and is now present and accelerating.  I believe that we need to recognize that the threats we face from climate change are no longer speculative, but at our doorstep with increasing impact, and we need to re-double our focus on reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/10/world/asia/climate-related-death-of-coral-around-world-alarms-scientists.html

All the best,

Sam Weaver
Member of Boulder City Council