[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Re: Update on Two Transportation Matters

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Apr 11 07:34:55 MDT 2016

Sender: Young, Mary

Suzanne,

Thank you for the update on this matter and for forwarding the position letter of the Metro Mayor's Caucus.

The letter aptly makes reference to residents' support of transit for seniors and people with disabilities. However, it fails to mention the needs of people with low incomes. Granted, there is overlap among this three groups.

I wish to stress that this is an important issue and, with people spending an increasingly higher proportion of their income on housing, the transportation needs of those with low incomes becomes even more significant.

Please make low income metro area residents an important component of the conversations in Washington D. C.

Thank you.

Mary Dolores Young
Mayor Pro Tem

"All ethics . . . rest upon a single premise: that the individual is a member of a community of interdependent parts . . ." - Aldo Leopold