[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: The Peleton - comments from a resident

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Fri Mar 13 14:31:41 MDT 2015

Sender: Cowles, Macon

I noticed that one of women who applied for Boards & Commissions lived at the Peleton. In an email to her that is not related to her application, I asked her the following question:

"Many people who live elsewhere in Boulder hold the Peleton up as a project that they do not like. You live there, so I am wondering: how did you choose it, and what are the things that you appreciate, or would criticize, about the Peleton?"

Here is her response:

"Yes, it was very strange to me that a friend of mine here, who lives in South Boulder, said she thought the Peloton was a terrible idea.  When I moved to Boulder, my main criteria were; ability for me to walk to work, Ambiance (I like it relatively quiet and was cautious to live too close to campus), quality of the home interior (while I dont have to have new, I wanted to live in a place with quality craftsmanship), amenities (we probably have the nicest pool in Boulder, ability to walk to other regular needs (grocery store, hair salon, etc).

"Things I like: I can walk to everything, I own a car, but rarely drive it.  Pearl st is a little touristy for me, I like to live on this quieter part of town, the buses are convenient to everywhere else that I go (except for the table mesa PnR), I love the pool and the gym, the style inside each unit is unique but very well built and extremely energy efficient, I almost never use heat or A/C.  While I don't own a dog, they are dog friendly and ensure that residents with dogs are responsible.  The ambiance of the outdoor spaces are very nice. I have gorgeous view with a southwest facing balcony.
And we are just 1 block off of the Boulder Creek Path. and Basta is one of the best restaurants in Boulder.

"Things I don't like:  I wish there was a little more sense of community, while everyone is nice, I haven't found it easy to meet my neighbors.  It is very expensive,(although all of boulder is), we are slightly disjointed.  The surrounding area could use a refresh and the walkability feels a bit difficult.  My walk to work consists of going straight down canyon (through the Best buy parking lot).  I am renting, there were no units for sale when I arrived and my building is for rent only, which was not the original intention, I would like to buy my unit.

"With that being said, I have started to look for real estate in boulder and thus far, I would not move out of the Peloton."

Macon Cowles
Boulder City Council Member
1726 Mapleton Ave.
Boulder, Colorado 80304