[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Questions re No Smoking Ordinance No. 8015--Item 5B

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Feb 3 16:06:37 MST 2015

Sender: Cowles, Macon

In an earlier question on the Hotline to staff, I asked why we don’t just insert a map into the smoking ordinance of the “Downtown Boulder Business Improvement District.” Sandra Llanes of the City Attorneys Office answered the question in a subsequent Hotline, "The map is already included in the code as referenced in chapter 8-6.  It is our practice not to duplicate information when it is already contained in the code because it avoids updates to more than one section and prevents potential inconsistencies.”

I have since gone to the Appendix of Chapter 8-6 to look at the map. I am  attaching it to this email so that Council can consider tonight whether we may want a clearer delineation of the BID than is st forth in the Appendix.

Macon Cowles
Boulder City Council Member
1726 Mapleton Ave.
Boulder, Colorado 80304