[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: A map of the BID to delineate the No Smoking Ordinance No. 8015--Item 5B

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Feb 3 16:07:48 MST 2015

Sender: Cowles, Macon

If what the Council wants to accomplish is to clearly delineate the areas where smoking will not be permitted, then we should have a map that includes in the No Smoking area all sidewalks and alleys on blocks where all or part of the block are within the BID.

Not to do this extends to the area between 16th and 20th the problem that now exists on the mall: mainly, smokers just turn the corner off Pearl and light up. Not to do this also permits smoking in the alley west of Pearl between 8th and 11th Streets.

If staff has time, perhaps you could create a map for consideration tonight that does what I have suggested: map the BID No Smoking area that includes not only the BID, but all sidewalks and alleys on blocks where all or part of the block are within the BID.

Thank you.

Macon Cowles
Boulder City Council Member
1726 Mapleton Ave.