[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Anti-Overdose Drug for heroin and opioids

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Jun 18 10:04:31 MDT 2014

Sender: Weaver, Sam

Greg and Larry,

Does the Boulder PD carry naloxone kits for opioid overdose intervention?  Does Boulder Fire carry them?  How about AMR on their ambulances?

For Council and staff, below are a few articles about how communities are equipping all first responders for intervention in opioid overdose situations.  I would like to understand how Boulder is equipped to respond to similar situations.  I am also curious
 to know if there is any trend for opioid overdoses in Boulder, increasing or decreasing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/13/nyregion/anti-overdose-drug-becoming-an-everyday-part-of-police-work.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/27/nyregion/in-expanded-program-officers-across-new-york-city-will-carry-antidote-for-heroin-overdoses.html

Thanks for any information!

All the best,