[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Civic Area Planning Expenses

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Thu Aug 14 13:19:46 MDT 2014

Sender: Young, Mary

Hi Jane,

At this week's CIP study session I asked a question regarding the proposed expenditure of $415K for planning studies (Miscellaneous Facility DET Projects) that are usually limited to $50K. The spike, we were told, is attributable to the various plans necessary
 for Civic Area implementation. While I appreciate the significance and complexity of the Civic Area Project, the expenditure is new, had not shown up on previous CIPs and, therefore, gives me pause.

In addition, I would like to understand:

1. where the additional $365K came from to dedicate to this project

2. why it is not part of the proposed temporary tax that will generate $8.7 million specifically for the Civic Area

3. if we expend this money as part of the 2015 CIP, what would happen if the temporary tax did not to pass

4. if it would be possible to provide an option to council that shows this expenditure budgeted as part of the money generated by the temporary tax

Thank you.

Best,

Mary
 Dolores Young