[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Camera Building - Decision re call up

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Oct 8 07:45:34 MDT 2012

Sender: Cowles, Macon

I would like to have the applicant or staff address a couple of things with reference to the decision about whether or not to call up the camera building redevelopment.

1. The Landmark Board approval carries with it a requirement for "simplified fenestration patterns. This came, no doubt from the expression of several LB members that pairs of double hung windows
 would work better than the syncopated shapes that are on the elevations presented top PB and LB in September.

I would like to know if the applicant and staff interpret this condition as requiring different fenestration within the window openings.

2. The Pearl Street elevation is strong enough that I would like the applicant to address whether and why the proposed 8" cast stone coping is an adequate substitute for a substantial cornice
 on the building.

3. I would like the Applicant to comment on why they are proposing to use cast stone for sills and for coping on the Pearl St. facade. Please address the point made by others that  cast stone
 in this context does not seem to be an adequate substitute for limestone or some other cut stone for sills or the cornice substitute.

Macon Cowles
Boulder City Councilor