[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: CML District 3

kohls at bouldercolorado.gov kohls at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Nov 21 08:35:47 MST 2011

Sender: Appelbaum, Matt

Colleagues,

Last week I attended CML's District 3 (essentially, the Denver metro area) fall meeting in Parker.  This is mostly a chance to schmooze, and I had good conversations with councilmembers from Aurora, Lakewood, Littleton, Parker, etc.  Not surprisingly, many were very interested in our municipalization efforts, and everyone seemed delighted we were pursuing it.

I was asked to be, and then selected as, the "president" of District 3 for next year.  So far as I can tell, this has no meaning other than that Boulder will get to host next fall's meeting.  And that means we need to find a venue and host perhaps a few dozen folks for dinner - although fees and sponsors are supposed to cover the costs.  Luckily we have a year to figure this out.

As a final thought, this meeting was held in Parker's brand new cultural center, which has a beautiful performance space that comfortably sits 500+, as well as meetings room, training space, etc.  It's being paid for out of their general fund revenues, and they expect it to require an annual subsidy of $600,000+.

--matt