[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: DRCOG Board Meeting November 16, 2011 - Allocating $27 Million of Transportation Money

kohls at bouldercolorado.gov kohls at bouldercolorado.gov
Thu Nov 17 10:13:54 MST 2011

Sender: Cowles, Macon

There were two primary actions affecting Boulder, and Boulder transportation projects. Here they are.

Motion to approve investment in a regional TOD Fund

I previously set forth the drama attached to the discussion of this at the MVIC meeting on November 2 in my last report on DRCOG. Boulder County moved that DRCOG allocate $5 million of TIP funds to a regional TOD fund. There was a lot of opposition, nearly all of which was detached from a realization of the extent to which land use and transportation are inextricably intertwined.. I will not describe it in detail, except to say that we lost overwhelmingly on the vote.

Motion to direct staff on programming additional FY 2011 Federal Formula (TIP) Funds

Boulder and Boulder County received, on vote of the DRCOG Board, $2.5 million for projects that we previously sacrificed or trimmed last Spring in order to free up money for an important regional project. Further, the Board adopted Options  3, 4 and 5 as grecommended by the officers about programming another $24.5 million of additional CDOT money.

Macon Cowles
Boulder City Councilor