[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: DDAB first reading questions

kohls at bouldercolorado.gov kohls at bouldercolorado.gov
Thu Apr 7 13:38:28 MDT 2011

Sender: Appelbaum, Matt

I have a few questions on the first reading of the agenda item re DDAB and the design guidelines/regs.  These are most likely too general for inclusion into the proposed modifications, but I'd appreciate some information regardless.
-- Do the design guidelines/regs (even with the limited modifications as proposed) continue to "push" projects into the form we see in the great wall of Canyon?  Are they truly flexible enough to allow for "unusual" concepts?  Are we encouraging, even if implicitly, cookie-cutter designs?
-- We've seemingly agreed that specific requirements for board members (such as being a design professional) should be deleted from all of our boards.  While this issue will (I hope) be coming back to council one of these days, since we're changing the DDAB rules now, might we not just fix this for DDAB at this time?
-- In the memo under Next Steps, there is a discussion of a potential change to DT-5 that would deal with the housing requirement for maximum FAR.  Since the Camera site is soon going to concept review, when might this DT-5 issue come to council for a discussion?

Thanks -- Matt