[BoulderCouncilHotline] Community Connectors-in-Residence Mid-year Update

Hanschen, Ryan HanschenR at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Oct 3 12:10:11 MDT 2022

Dear Council Members and Hotline Followers,
I am writing to clarify the purpose of the Community Connector-in-Residence Mid-year Update, as mentioned during the Council Agenda Committee meeting on October 3.
The Community Connector-in-Residence (CC-in-R) Mid-Year Update<https://bouldercolorado.gov/media/9402/download?inline=> is designed to elevate the experiences and voices of underrepresented community members (e.g., Latinx, Black or African American, Nepali, low-income) that council may not consistently or frequently hear from.
We anticipate that this update will help ensure that themes of surfaced community issues and community strengths come to your attention. We’re also interested in hearing how future CC-in-R updates could be more effective, based on your feedback.
The purpose of the IP is for awareness prior to staff bringing the Community Connectors forward at a future date, but we did have a council ask. The action requested of council is to review this Mid-year Update and share any feedback through this form<https://surveys.bouldercolorado.gov/s3/Council-Feedback-on-CC-in-R-Mid-year-Update-2022>. Your feedback is especially useful since this is the first iteration of a CC-in-R written update to council.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any further questions. Thank you.

Ryan Hanschen
(he/him/his) (pronunciation<https://namedrop.io/ryanhanschen>)
Engagement Manager
[cid:fed74d10-52cd-4942-956b-1971eea664f7]
M: 720.527.8847
hanschenr at bouldercolorado.gov<mailto:hanschenr at bouldercolorado.gov>
Communication & Engagement Department
Boulder Main Library (Canyon Blvd side)
1001 Arapahoe Avenue | Boulder, CO 80302
bouldercolorado.gov<https://www.bouldercolorado.gov/>
bouldercolorado.gov/informacion-en-espanol<https://bouldercolorado.gov/informacion-en-espanol>

Basic Needs Services for Community Members<https://bouldercolorado.gov/media/1589/download?inline=> | Servicios de necesidades básicas para la comunidad<https://bouldercolorado.gov/media/1589/download?inline=> | समुदायका सदसहरका लािग आधारभूत आवशकताहर<https://bouldercolorado.gov/media/8786/download?inline=>

The City of Boulder acknowledges the city is on the ancestral homelands and unceded territory of Indigenous Peoples who have traversed, lived in and stewarded lands in the Boulder Valley since time immemorial. Those Indigenous Nations include the: Di De’i (Apache), Hinono’eiteen (Arapaho), Tsistsistas (Cheyenne), Nʉmʉnʉʉ (Comanche), Kiowa, Čariks i Čariks (Pawnee), Sosonih (Shoshone), Oc’eti S’akowin (Sioux) and Núuchiu (Ute). The City of Boulder recognizes that those now living and working on these ancestral lands have a responsibility to acknowledge and address the past and must work to build a more just future. Read our full staff land acknowledgement<https://bouldercolorado.gov/projects/staff-land-acknowledgment>