[BoulderCouncilHotline] Option 3 for even-year elections

Speer, Nicole SpeerN at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue May 10 08:31:51 MDT 2022

Good morning colleagues and Hotline readers,

I'd like to ask that we spend a little time during the discussion of ballot measures tonight discussing an Option 3 for moving to even-year elections, which would propose even-year elections begin in 2024.

In an Option 3, the terms of everyone currently on council would be extended by 1 year and the RCV mayoral elections could begin in 2024 rather than 2023.

Thanks,
Nicole

Nicole Speer, Ph.D.
Boulder City Councilmember