[BoulderCouncilHotline] The time for aciton on the Hill is NOW

Benjamin, Matt BenjaminM at bouldercolorado.gov
Thu Jul 7 15:03:04 MDT 2022

Dear Council Colleagues, Staff and Members of the Community,

How many more riots, fires and large incidents do we need to witness before we take actions to support the homeowners, students, and businesses on the Hill?

The Hill Working Group was established back in 2015. We’ve had four city council’s and three presidents since then. Council received the most recent memo from the working group on December 13th of 2021. There have been recommendations and now Council needs to take the leadership to move forward on ordinances and funding to support the Hill.  Our community is investing in a hotel, conference center and larger revitalization efforts on the Hill. We need to make sure those investments are not in vain.

As to avoid serial meeting concerns, I and not weighing in on a specific ordinance that two of my colleagues have already put out there via HOTLINE and CAC.

I would like to ask CAC to schedule an update on the work of the Hill Working group and provide Council with recommendations we can lift up as ordinances as well as funding to support the safety and vitality of the Hill.  As our agendas are already tight, perhaps the update can be in the form of an IP and then all we need to schedule for the agenda is time to evaluate any ordinance changes and/or give direction to staff.

With gratitude,

Matt

Matt Benjamin
Pronouns: he/him/his