[BoulderCouncilHotline] Item 5B: Use Table Industrial Areas Ordinance

Houde, Lisa HoudeL at bouldercolorado.gov
Thu Dec 15 14:01:06 MST 2022

Good afternoon, City Council and Hotline followers:

Attached you will find the additional correspondence that has been received since the agenda packet was published for the meeting tonight. Staff has remain actively engaged with the Boulder Chamber of Commerce, Holland & Hart, and other interested stakeholders over the last few weeks. Also attached, you will find a response to the letter received from Holland & Hart on Tuesday that posed several detailed questions related to scenarios that may be impacted by the proposed ordinance.

At the Council Agenda Committee meeting on Monday, we were asked to provide a summary of the main issues being raised through public comment that have been discussed over the last few weeks. Two recurring themes of comments include concerns about:

  *   Proposal to prohibit residential uses in IS and IM District.
  *   Proposal to limit office uses in the IG and IM districts to 50,000 square feet per parcel, and prohibit office uses on the ground floor.
Many of the concerns raised, in particular the office restrictions, staff believes warrant specific discussion by City Council tonight. We agree there are potential options to simplify the office restrictions specifically, and we are prepared to discuss these.

Thank you -- we look forward to the discussion this evening.

Lisa Houde, AICP
Senior City Planner
[cid:image001.png at 01D9108D.1B1C6860]
O: 303-441-4234
houdel at bouldercolorado.gov<mailto:houdel at bouldercolorado.gov>
Planning & Development Services Department
1739 Broadway, 3rd Floor, Boulder CO 80306
bouldercolorado.gov<https://bouldercolorado.gov/>