[BoulderCouncilHotline] Follow-up to CU COVID Presentation of 9/1/2020

Young, Mary YoungM at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Sep 7 16:04:30 MDT 2020

Dear Frances,

Thank you and your colleagues at the University of Colorado for your continued transparency and sharing of information regarding your opening of this fall semester.

Last week, I indicated that I had more questions and would share them at a later time. What I have are follow-up requests.

I would like to see your data on COVID testing and positive test results disaggregated by race and ethnicity separately for students, faculty and front line staff. It would be helpful to include rate of testing and total number of tests as well as percentages for each (students, faculty, front line staff). I do understand that off campus students are not being tested and that many faculty members are teaching mostly remotely.

Should your data show disparities similar to what what Boulder County Public Health presented, please summarize your strategies for addressing them.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you again.

We're all in this together...six feet apart.

In solidarity,

Mary Dolores Young

[cid:00274e8e-dd62-4ab9-83ea-00cb982705f4]

"All ethics ... rest upon a single premise: that the individual is a member of a community of interdependent parts..." - Aldo Leopold