[BoulderCouncilHotline] Petition signatures

Friend, Rachel FriendR at bouldercolorado.gov
Thu May 7 12:17:36 MDT 2020

Dear colleagues and Hotline readers,

It has come to my attention that ballot initiative signature gatherers were denied a permit by the City (for Pearl St) to collect signatures, and that our local health department does not endorse signature gathering that requires in-person contact.

In light of these developments, which present a material change since our last discussion (in which at least some of us suggested going door to door or collecting signatures at places like Pearl St), I would ask that CAC add in a new discussion on this topic for next Tuesday’s meeting.

I also don’t believe we ever thoroughly discussed or voted on whether to simply refer currently certified measures to the ballot ourselves. I think that would be helpful to consider / discuss as well.

Warmly,
Rachel Friend
Boulder City Council Member
friendr at bouldercolorado.gov