[BoulderCouncilHotline] Shelter capacity

Friend, Rachel FriendR at bouldercolorado.gov
Fri Mar 20 11:34:51 MDT 2020

Hello co-councilors and Hotline readers,

I hope you are all staying well and taking good care of yourselves.

I am also hoping that Council members may be given updates after any night in which we hit capacity and turn people away from  severe weather shelter (as well as BSH, if that were to become relevant in an overflow situation). So Eg if we hit capacity tonight, council members would receive an email tomorrow morning alerting us.

And my final request is, in light of severe weather shelter hitting capacity the last 2 nights:   could we receive an update on planning to ensure that’s not an issue going forward during this pandemic? I understand the complications (Eg extra spacing required between beds) and that everyone is working in overdrive right now, and I am so grateful for everyone’s hard work!

Warmly,
Rachel Friend
Boulder City Council Member

Schedule office hours with Rachel:
https://calendly.com/rachelfriend/office-hours
Subscribe to Rachel’s newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/e4d8f6fd362b/rachelfriendsubscribe

friendr at bouldercolorado.gov
Mobile: 720-601-0163
Office: 303-441-3002
she/her
"Where you see wrong or inequality or injustice, speak out, because this is your country. This is your democracy. Make it. Protect it. Pass it on." ~Thurgood Marshall
Boulder City Council
1777 Broadway
Boulder, CO 80302
http://www.bouldercolorado.gov