[BoulderCouncilHotline] My retreat input

Weaver, Sam WeaverS at bouldercolorado.gov
Thu Jan 16 16:44:39 MST 2020

Fellow Council Members and HOTLINE followers,

For personal reasons, I was not able to get my input for the Council retreat submitted prior to the deadline for inclusion in the packet.  I will submit my input here and bring copies to the Saturday portion of the retreat.  All of the other Council Member's input will be available in the retreat packet available this afternoon.

As a reminder the Council retreat is 4pm - 9pm Friday and 8am - 4pm Saturday at Growing Gardens, 1639 Hawthorn Ave.  The retreat is the annual exercise where Council and staff review goals, establish work plan priorities, and review Council procedures. It is open to the public and all are welcome.

My input for the retreat:

Current Work:

  1.  Continue racial equity work, complete work plan and begin implementation
  2.  Continue climate mobilization action plan efforts
  3.  Continue Vision Zero implementation with focus on ped and bike safety, clearer rules
  4.  Continue muni work - proceed into condemnation and work on utility budget scenarios
  5.  Continue South Boulder Creek flood mitigation efforts
  6.  Continue community benefits Phase II
  7.  Continue use table review for remaining zone districts
  8.  Continue East Boulder subcommunity plan
  9.  Complete library financial review, decide on library district
Additional Potential Work Plan Items:

  1.  Deep study of budget process with focus on equity and climate
  2.  Study parameters and implement a fair city-wide minimum wage
Council Procedures:

  1.  Reaffirm the 'no surprises' rule
  2.  Review HOTLINE rules
  3.  Change CAC meetings to Monday afternoon (near term)
  4.  Change Council meetings to Thursday evening, CAC to Tuesday afternoon
  5.  Rotate which Council member leads study sessions
All the best,
Sam Weaver

[cid:image002.png at 01D5CC8C.3DFD0EE0]<http://www.bouldercolorado.gov/>

weavers at bouldercolorado.gov