[BoulderCouncilHotline] Transportation to Boulder Shelter

Firnhaber, Kurt FirnhaberK at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Dec 1 20:37:15 MST 2020

Dear City Council,

This evening at your council meeting, you received a suggestion from a resident that transportation should be provided for people experiencing homelessness.  The specific concern was for individuals to be able to travel from down town Boulder to Boulder Shelter (BSH) for the Homeless, in north Boulder.

I wanted to inform you and this particular resident that BSH has a contract with RTD to provide this service.  This service includes daily transportation on the Skip Line, at no cost for individuals experiencing homelessness.  The pick-up location is at Walnut and 11th Street at 5pm each day.  The Skip Line then returns individuals each morning.

I would like to thank this resident for this question,

Kurt

Kurt Firnhaber
Director of Housing and Human Services
[https://bouldercolorado.gov/links/fetch/41501]