[BoulderCouncilHotline] Re: CAC Summary for Monday, September 9

Morzel, Lisa MorzelL at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Sep 9 13:12:45 MDT 2019

Dear CAC

Thanks for considering my request for a public discussion regarding off-duty Boulder police officers regarding BI. As noted in today’s CAC minutes, the city manager committed to an email to be send to council members. This is not what I requested. Because the public has shown significant interest in this issue, I requested a public discussion and still am requesting a public discussion, not an email.

My request from yesterday is below:
Council should at least have some type of discussion about where the city landed regarding security provided by off-duty Boulder police officers at BI. Somehow a decision was made to stop this off-duty assistance and then the decision was reversed. I do not think council publicly weighed in but the issue has now become a concern to some of the public (see recent emails and today’s guest opinion in the Camera). Having not been involved, I’d like to have a better understanding of the city’s position.

If something could be scheduled by CAC at one of our upcoming meetings, I’d appreciate it.

Thank you.

Lisa

Lisa Morzel
Member, Boulder City Council
303-815-6723 c
303-938-8520 h

How far we humans as stewards of the Earth have fallen.