[BoulderCouncilHotline] Iris and Broadway question

Morzel, Lisa MorzelL at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Oct 28 10:21:19 MDT 2019

Hi Bill,

I was looking at a handout we recently received from transportation staff at a council meeting.  The handout had maps of left turns, double yellow lights, and leading pedestrian intervals.

In reviewing the existing and proposed leading pedestrian intervals (LPI), I note there is nothing at Iris and Broadway, now or planned.  This intersection is used greatly by pedestrians: it connects several regional and local major transit routes, it’s a safe path to school, and significant employment center.  I question why Iris and Broadway does not have or is not planned for a LPI.

Thanks

Lisa

Lisa Morzel
Member of Boulder City Council