[BoulderCouncilHotline] PDs, tilling, and soil jpg

Morzel, Lisa MorzelL at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue May 21 17:15:37 MDT 2019

Please see images and captions below.

In reviewing slides presented by OSMP staff to the OSBT on May 8th and comparing  a slide sent to City Council on May 6th by OSBT member Hollweg, it appears as if Hollweg used the wrong slide to make her point regarding prairie dogs’ impact/contributions to %C in soil.  It looks as if Hollweg (middle image) incorrectly used the slide showing that soil carbon is depleted in historically tilled land (bottom image) instead of the correct image regarding soil carbon in prairie dog colonies (top image).

Would OSMP staff please explain whether the standard deviations shown in their slides are at 1 or 2 sigma? Also I would like to see the OSMP staff report from the May 8 OSBT meeting.

A number of peer-reviewed papers conclude that prairie dogs actually add, not deplete,  carbon to the soil.

Thanks. I’ll forward those peer-reviewed papers in the next few days.

Lisa

Lisa Morzel
Member, Boulder City Council

[cid:f_jvye6i1g0]