[BoulderCouncilHotline] Rick Adams: Prairie dog killing a microcosm of a looming global disaster

Morzel, Lisa MorzelL at bouldercolorado.gov
Thu May 16 20:46:11 MDT 2019

Here’s an actual scientific perspective on our ecosystem, if anyone might be interested.

People should understand what exponential means before they use it to disparage individuals’ comments. This describes correctly the exponential collapse of species on earth that is the human-caused sixth extinction that we are now entering and I fear we may not be able to avoid. I can provide peer-reviewed references. We better wake up, stop so much emphasis on cattle, and understand the science much better than we do at this point. We cannot just keep doing what we’ve been doing to satisfy the human species. We share the earth with thousands of other species, including prairie dogs.

http://www.dailycamera.com/rick-adams-prairie-dog-killing-a-microcosm-of-a-looming-global-disaster

Lisa

Lisa Morzel
Member, Boulder City Council