[BoulderCouncilHotline] Boards and Commissions Discussion 6/4/2019

Young, Mary YoungM at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Jun 4 12:16:04 MDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

In preparation for tonight's discussion under matters regarding boards and commissions, the B&C sub-committee would like to share the following:
-We have had two recent resignations, one from the Environmental Advisory Board and one from the Housing Advisory Board.
-Another resignation, from the Open Space Board of Trustees, is forthcoming, but not yet submitted.
-Last week on May 28, staff sent out this year's applications for EAB, HAB and OSBT as well as links to the video recordings of the interviews.

The sub-committee recommends that we not re-open the application process and that we appoint from this year's pool of applicants for the aforementioned vacancies. Our reasoning behind this is two-fold: 1) we had excellent applicants and skills needed on those boards can be met from the current pool and 2) re-opening the process would push us into a late summer appointment date. Council, of course, is free to do otherwise.

On the matter of the OSBT appointment, we contacted the Trustee to confirm that a resignation is forthcoming. We also checked with the City Attorney to make sure that the effective date of an appointment can be dependent upon receipt of a resignation.

We wish to thank all resigning board members for their respective service and wish them well.

Thank you.

Mary Dolores Young
Councilmember
City of Boulder
303-501-2439

"Caminante, no hay puentes, se hace puentes al andar. (Voyager, there are no bridges, one builds them as one walks.)" - Gloria E. Anzaldua