[BoulderCouncilHotline] Number of deaths for individuals experiencing homelessness in 2019

Friend, Rachel FriendR at bouldercolorado.gov
Sat Dec 21 11:52:36 MST 2019

Dear Boulder Hotline,

Aaron Brockett, Nihkil Mankekar, and I were extremely concerned about the increase in number of deaths announced at today’s remembrance for Boulder community members who passed away in 2019 who had experienced homelessness. We would like to request that the City obtain data on possible causes for numbers (which appear to have more than doubled over the past year). Aaron and I understand this may require a Nod of 5 at the next meeting, and hope that we can do that then if needed.

Warmly,
Rachel Friend, City Council Member
Aaron Brockett, City Council Member
Nikhil Mankekar, City Human Relations Commission Chair