[BoulderCouncilHotline] Research publication on e-cigarette impacts

Weaver, Sam WeaverS at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Aug 20 13:30:25 MDT 2019

Fellow Council Members and HOTLINE followers,

Yesterday a Boulder resident (Anna Segur) wrote us an email citing a study which quantifies the benefits and harms of e-cigarettes.  I found it to be interesting and well-referenced, so I wanted to share it with the community in the spirit of additional research into the subject we will discuss tonight.  The link is here: "Quantifying population-level health benefits and harms of e-cigarette use in the United States<https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/oYTSCERWLQHWQgzMiN7ybi?domain=doi.org>" and the PDF is attached.  This March 2018 material is a peer-reviewed publication of PLOS One, which is open access material.

All the best,

Sam Weaver
Mayor Pro Tem
Boulder City Council