[BoulderCouncilHotline] Building codes and gender neutral restrooms

Brockett, Aaron BrockettA at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Apr 16 15:26:38 MDT 2019

Hello council colleagues and Hotline followers. Tonight we'll be discussing revisions to our city building code. As part of that discussion, we will consider whether to allow gender neutral bathrooms, particularly for single user restrooms. Please read the attached letter I received from Out Boulder County today on the topic. I've copied the text of it below as well in case people can't open the attachment:

"Dear Boulder City Council members,

We encourage you to move forward with adopting updated building codes that will create more gender neutral restrooms.  Out Boulder County would be happy to be a partner in community outreach around this topic. Increasing access to gender neutral restrooms would be a great benefit to our LGBTQ community, as well as our wider community, including parents and people with disabilities.

Sincerely,

Mardi Moore

Executive Director

Out Boulder County"