[BoulderCouncilHotline] PLS EXPERIENCE JAIPUR LITERATURE FESTIVAL THIS WKED AT BPL

Jones, Suzanne JonesS at bouldercolorado.gov
Sat Sep 22 12:21:59 MDT 2018

Dear Colleagues and Community members—

I want to encourage everyone to at least drop by one session at the Jaipur Literature Festival being hosted at the Boulder Public Library this weekend.  It is free and accessible to all, and I think it represents one of our finest opportunities in Boulder to immerse ourselves in a celebration of ideas, culture and conversation with authors and artists from all over the world, as well as from our own back yards.

Check out www.jaipurliteraturefestival.org/boulder<http://www.jaipurliteraturefestival.org/boulder> to see offerings--ranging from conversations with authors, performances by Cleo Parker Robinson Dance Youth Ensemble, to workshops on your inner poet.

Earlier this year, we had a Council discussion about whether to help fund this Festival – and Council chambers were filled with diverse residents who had been very inspired by the connections they had experienced at JLF, and who convinced us to invest again in this event.  This weekend is everyone’s chance to go experience some of that magic yourself and to get a personal perspective on the nature of this event and its contribution to arts and culture in our community.

Cheers,
Zan

Suzanne Jones
Mayor, City of Boulder