[BoulderCouncilHotline] Re: Floor to Area Ratio discussion

Carlisle, Cynthia CarlisleC at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Oct 24 11:38:43 MDT 2018

Council,
First, thanks to Chris Cragnotti for emailing and letting us know his experiences in Glendale with some of the land use issues we are experiencing in Boulder, and second, thanks to Lisa for opening up the conversation to us and the larger community.

From Mr. Cragnotti’s experience in helping to preserve his city’s economic livability and its “feel” and look—its human scale-- it seems that what Boulder needs is the political will to carry through on some of the things we talk a lot about—housing affordability, working to make the traffic mess less,
preserving the retail and service base we need.

Political will needs come from us: difficult on the front end, as Mr. Cragnotti notes, but achieves the goal in the long run.  I look forward to working with you, Council, on this issue and hope it doesn’t get punted into the vast planning maw.

Cindy