[BoulderCouncilHotline] CU South Proposed Purpose Statement

Young, Mary YoungM at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Oct 9 07:26:43 MDT 2018

Dear Colleagues and Community,

Sam had proposed a purpose statement in a previous hotline post. We worked together to revise it and am sending it out for review prior to tonight’s study session.

The purpose of this process is to define the conditions of annexation for the parcel referred to as “CU South” under which the University of Colorado’s potential South Campus would fulfill both the desires of the University system and meet the goals of the City of Boulder. Any annexation agreement would be guided by the 2015 BVCP CU South Guiding Principles, and would include, but not be limited to agreements that clearly define building standards and uses, transportation access and connections, flood mitigation, ecosystem protection and land stewardship responsibilities. Because an annexation agreement would not include a definitive site plan, the annexation agreement would also include the definition of a process by which to substantially involve and include input from the Boulder community in the formation of a final site plan for development on the CU South site.

Thank you.

Mary Dolores Young

“We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.” ~Martin Luther King Jr.