[BoulderCouncilHotline] Comments for tonight’s meeting

Morzel, Lisa MorzelL at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Oct 2 11:13:32 MDT 2018

Dear Council Colleagues

I am sorry to miss tonight‘s meeting but would like to make the following comments on items ccouncil will be considering.

ADU’s: I hope ADU’s stay on the consent agenda as I was pleased with where council landed at the second reading. I am not interested in allowing new STR’s; only the ones that already had STR licenses.

I do hope an appeal process is established. A comment regarding saturation: we’ve received several emails and calls from those who’d like to build an ADU but cannot because their area is saturated or nearly so. I’d like to allow those individuals to be able to appeal with a public hearing including surrounding neighborhood.

BUDGET:
In agreement with eliminating overdue fines.

I’m assuming we will keep Carnegie library open and operating as currently.

Thanks, Mary, for your questions on events, personnel, source of funds. Depending on outcome of questions, I’d like to see events sourced from convention and visitor bureau funds.
How is the revenue that is not allocated to BCVB used? Can council decide to allocate a different % of the accommodations tax to BCVB? Do the nonBCVB funds go into the general fund? The accommodations tax revenue has grown significantly over the past decade. Could some of that revenue be used to permanently fund library operations or infrastructure at the library and/or could funds be used for arts’ grants?

While I truly appreciate the additional permanent increased funding for the library this year, the continuing needs and long-time underfunding of the library require we examine our proposed budget to identify additional funds that can be permanently reallocated to the library system and the arts. The residents of our community should also realize the benefits of tourism with additional funding of our library and arts.

LAND USE CODES FOR BC-1 and BC-2:
I’d like to see option BC-citywide. I’d like to include some option for some percentage (<50%??) of permanently affordable housing on first floor to allow for flexibility but in general appreciate first floor retail w housing above.

30th STreet shelter:
I would vote in favor.

Appointments:
Abby Daniels for landmarks