[BoulderCouncilHotline] Admissions Tax and Library Funding

Young, Mary YoungM at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Nov 26 14:53:36 MST 2018

Hi Jane,

In reading through the September Revenue Report, I came across the following:
Admissions Tax
This tax is charged for admission to an event such as concerts, nightclubs and theatres. The tax rate for admission to an event is 5.0% of the price of the ticket or admission. Any admission fee paid or charged to participate in a racing event which includes running, walking, biking, or swimming is exempt from this tax.

Would it be possible to estimate, for tomorrow night’s study session, how much revenue might be generated were the tax applied to exempted events? An estimate that includes major events only would suffice. If a conservative estimate could be generated for all other events, that would be helpful.

Thank you!

Mary Dolores Young

“We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.” ~Martin Luther King Jr.